Friday, January 2, 2015

I'm Back!

Hey, Guys...

I'm back.

I know it has been awhile..

And I know a month's absence is unprecedented on A Simple Life...

But I guess I needed a little time off.

I woke up wanting to talk to cyberspace this morning, and that hasn't been the case in almost a month.

So... A brand new start in 2015.

Today's post is going to be mostly pics and musings and other hodgepodge-type things.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Christmas Parade - Roxie and Seth were in the Christmas Parade as the Homecoming Queen and King. It was a very mild, beautiful night, so the whole experience was pretty enjoyable.

For me, as well as Their Highnesses.






RANDOMNESS #2 - MamMa Bradley's Christmas at the Palisades - We changed things up a little this year. We had a Photo Booth, Christmas Karaoke AND we played Blurble.

A good time was had by all.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.


Roxie and Katie in the makeshift photo booth. (We set it up in one of the two large bathrooms in the Lodge... because it had a mirror, you see.)


Austin and Melia.


Alisha and Roy.


Steve and Monica.


Monica and Alisha.


Stephanie and Brad.


Stephanie, Roxie and Monica doing the karaoke thang.


Austin, Mike and poor Hunter. (He was an excellent sport.)


MamMa, Roxie and Monica.


Monica and Aunt Connie.


Amy and Monica.

In case you were wondering, we also had a Tacky Christmas Sweater theme going on...

Except for me...

Because I came straight from Oxford to Oneonta...

And I didn't have my act together enough to have the sweater/sweatshirt/etc. ready to take and put on in the car.

Because of this, I am somewhat of an outcast in my family circle.

I am hoping all will be forgiven by next Christmas.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Faulkner Christmas in Oxford - I got my "little-kid fix" at Mr. and Mrs. Faulkner's house this year. Matthew, Lauren and Mackenzie make the Christmas stuff a lot of fun.

We missed Amber this year, but a horrendous stomach bug kept her at home.

As most of us know, that can sometimes be the gift that keeps giving... and you can never return it!


Matthew and Lauren.


Mackenzie and Lauren.


Just Mackenzie.


Melia and Lauren.


Matthew and Roxie.


Just Roxie.


Jared and Brandi.


Becky, Grandpa, Grandma and Mikie.


Roxie and Josh.


Melia and Austin.

RANDOMNESS #4 - Christmas in Trussville - After opening gifts at our house Christmas morn, we headed over to Grandmother's for a few more gifts and Christmas lunch.

Grandmother started a new tradition this year.

She gave everyone their Christmas money Thanksgiving Day.

The rules for the new tradition were as follows:

1. Buy your own gift.

2. Wrap the gift or gifts in paper that describe your personality.

3. Have the gifts wrapped under Grandmother's tree by December 12.

It was a very good tradition, and except for me and Roxie, EVERYONE had their gifts under Grandmother's tree by the deadline.

What can I say?

The nut doesn't fall far from the ol' Christmas tree, does it?


Since The Chick is going to attend Auburn, she picked this paper.


Katie is the ultimate dog/cat lover in our family.


And Josh had no trouble finding Batman paper this year.


Tommy is a BIG FAN of The Christmas Story.

I think you get the general idea.


We took turns going around the room, opening our gifts and talking about why and what we bought.

Stephanie bought a new Bible (since she and Brad are attending a new church as newly marrieds), a new devotion book for couples and some things for their new home.

I think the tradition was a hit!


Roxie made the Pinterest Christmas Tree Fruit and Cheese Tray.


I made the Cranberry Relish/Cream Cheese Cracker Plate... as well as a few other not-very-photogenic vegetable dishes.


All of the cousins.

T. J. will become "official" January 17!


Roxie and Katie.


Melia and Austin.


Roxie and Melia.


Roxie and Grandmother.

I hate making promises I will not keep, but I DO PLAN on being back Tuesday (as scheduled) with some 2014 memories (good and bad), as well as some more pics.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Tuesday.

Sincerely,

The Sometmes Late, BUT ALWAYS Enchanting Belinda

P.S. Here are a couple more favorite pics from this past Christmas...


I love the picture of the den AFTER the opening of gifts every year. I don't know why, but I do.


Roxie and Hunter in front of the Christmas tree.

Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter