Saturday, November 30, 2019

Pinterest Stuff (25 Day Christmas Instagram Challenge), The Pioneer Woman Soul Sweet Taters Recipe, Sunday Thanksgiving AND Faulkner Thursday Thanksgiving

Good Saturday evening!

I have been having big-time technology problems over here. So far, A Simple Life hasn't been affected, but my Facebook AND Pinterest have not fared as well.

That being said, before anything else happens, I want to make sure I get this last November post DONE!

Pinterest Stuff

25 Day Christmas Instagram Challenge

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - I've never finished one of these, but I am really, really going to try this time...

As opposed to the other 102 times when I only "really" tried.

1. Sunday Selfie
2. The Nutcracker
3. Tis the Season
4. Eight O'clock
5. Merry and Bright
6. A Few of My Favorite Things
7. Candy Canes
8. O Christmas Tree
9. Holiday Drink
10. Your Current View
11. All of the Lights
12. Under the Mistletoe
13. Something Red
14. Santa Baby
15. Black and White
16. Family
17. A Beautiful Sight
18. Ornaments
19. Tradition
20. All I Want for Christmas
21. Under the Tree
22. Christmas Sweets
23. Naughty or Nice
24. Twas the Night Before Christmas
25. Merry Christmas

The Pioneer Woman Soul Sweet Taters

You will need the following:

4 whole medium sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 whole eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup flour
3/4 stick butter

1. Wash 4 medium sweet potatoes and bake them in a 375-degree oven until fork tender, about 30 to 35 minutes. When they are finished cooking, slice them open and scrape out the flesh into a large bowl.

2. Add sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and salt. With a potato masher, mash them up, but you don't want them to be perfectly smooth.

3. In a separate bowl, add brown sugar, pecans (chopped), flour and butter. With a pastry cutter or fork, mash together until thoroughly combined.

4. Spread the sweet potato mixture into a regular baking dish and sprinkle the crumb mixture all over the top.

5. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - Roxie made this dish for our Sunday Thanksgiving and it was excellent.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Sunday Thanksgiving - Three years ago, we celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the family at Palisades in Oneonta rather than at my Mother's home in Trussville. Mother passed away a few days after that first Sunday Thanksgiving, but Bev and I decided to keep celebrating at Palisades.

We also have had our large family Christmas gathering there for as many years as I can remember, and we love the huge lodge-like room we rent each year. Lots of room for lots of people, a fireplace, a kitchen, tables, chairs, TWO bathrooms, etc., etc.

We had 19 at our Sunday Thanksgiving this year, and we usually have over 30 attending our Christmas Palisades celebration each year, and we still have plenty of room.

What can I say? Palisades fits our needs.

Literally.

Also, before I get any further into the post, I want to remind you the pictures shown below are the best ones I took on this particular day.

You won't find pictures of the following:

Crying babies
Crying big kids
Crying adults
Babies before, during or after massive blow-out diapers
Mommies and Daddies tired from lugging food, kids and kid paraphernalia from one place to another
Real china
Real glasses
Real cutlery
(Unless, that is, you think paper and plastic count as real.)
(And if that is the case, you are one of MY PEOPLE.)
A meal where everything served was absolutely loved and eaten by everyone in attendance
Etc.

You won't find those pictures here because for the most part, I didn't bother taking them.

Those things or moments were present, and I do not deny it...

But a few years from now...

I'm still going to like the ones you're about to see the most.

Well, unless I considered any of the above "funny." I'll post things I think are "funny" all day long!


Eden's very first Thanksgiving.


Carly Beth is an old pro now...

Second Thanksgiving is officially under her belt.


No one planned it, but the girls came in pumpkin garb and the boys wore turkey shirts.

I love when things like that happen!


You will notice the first group pic is probably the best of these three (and the other six not shown).


And that is perfectly fine.

The sooner we acknowledge we, as the Official Picture Takers, have little or no control over where everyone is looking...

Or going...

Or what they are each doing...

The better.


Blurry, but so sweet.

We're going to have to knock the Chicks off these good-lookin' guys in a year or two.


Josh, Courtney, Judith and Eden.


Aunt Roxie and Judith.


Brad, Stephanie, Sawyer and Carly Beth.




RT


Austin, Melia and RT.

If you look closely, you'll see Baby Girl is starting to show, and we're all looking forward to meeting her in 2020.


Katie and Zach.


Roxie and Zac.


We have Sunday Thanksgiving during the day, so we have access to two very nice playgrounds after we eat.


The adults really don't feel like playing on playground equipment after lunch...


But we don't mind watchin'.


I take it back.

MOST of the adults don't feel like playing.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Faulkner Thursday Thanksgiving - Did you notice there weren't any pics of me and Mikie in the Sunday Thanksgiving section of the post?

Did you?

Well, let's just say it wasn't Mike's fault, but we did try to remedy it at Faulkner Thursday Thanksgiving.

You'll see what I mean in a second or two.


Lauren and Heavily-Drooling Eden.


Roxie and Standing-Heavily-Drooling Eden.


Micah and Mackenzie (blurry, blurry, blurry), but so, so cute.










The Art Table was full of color sheets, word searches, markers, crayons, etc.


A little something for everyone.


Matthew took this pic of me and Mike, and I liked our faces and hair very much.

Very much indeed.

However, I don't think you can truly appreciate the faces and hair because of the horrendous non-matching patterns in our shirts.

It is absolutely cringe-worthy.

I tried to fix it for 2019 Christmas Card purposes...


But at the end of the day, I just don't know if it's enough.

We'll have to wait and see, won't we?


Brandi and Jared.


Pilgrim Jared and Pilgrim Amber.

No way the original Pilgrims were as cute as these two.

I hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Now to turn our attention 100 percent to the many joys of December!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

"It's almost time to switch from my everyday anxiety to my fancy Christmas anxiety."

"They say 40 is the new 30 and 50 is the new 40, but all I know is the older I get... 9:00 p.m. is the new midnight."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter