Friday, December 2, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pic is of my NEW December/January China! Actually, it is my NEW December/January Plastic Dinner Plates, but that doesn't sound quite as nice, does it?

I'm still going to use my good stuff on Sundays and Christmas Eve, but I wanted something a little different... a little olive green... and this just hit the spot!

Yea, Target!

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - Two days after I announced the Guestbooker at the bottom of my page was WORKING PROPERLY, it broke! Yep! BROKE!

Dawn and Joan... I have your names and you are in the drawing bowl.

Anyone else who wants to enter the Christmas Dishrag Contest (yes, the name is going to stay the same) must let me know via Facebook, e-mail (mfaulkner1306@charter.net) or just come by the house and throw a rock through the window. I'll get the message!

You can still leave one comment per day. (If you leave four comments, your name goes in the bowl FOUR TIMES.)

I will draw the winner next Friday morning, December 9!

What is the prize? What is the prize?

I knew you would ask. I will be giving away a BEAUTIFUL, HOMEMADE Christmas Dishrag... PLUS, a bottle of Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap. (See picture below.)

RANDOMNESS #1 - You will notice on my sidebar we have begun The 12 Days of Inflatables. Monday through Friday for the next couple of weeks, I'll be adding some of the most unique and cute inflatables I find in my travels. Enjoy!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Okay. My Christmas Card has been finished and is waiting to be ordered. Actually, it is waiting for Roxie's final 15 year-old "Stamp of Approval."

Last year, I jokingly put my age as 32 years-old. It caused quite a stir in our community. Most people thought it was funny. Some people didn't get it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This year I added a little touch of something I think is almost hilarious. Roxie... not so much. It seems I am a HUGE embarrassment to her. HUGE!

And I'm just talking breathing, Folks.

I mean, she loves me. She really does. And we have a good time together... as long as no one else can see us. I just think she sometimes has trouble understanding the "wonder" that is ME! She'll get there.

I knew she was worried about The Big Gold Van wearing antlers and a Rudolph nose again this year, so I assured her I had put those accessories away until she goes to college. She was SO thankful, and I didn't mind it a bit.

However, I like my Christmas Card this year, and I know Roxie does not. It would almost be a dilemma except for I'm the Mother Unit and she's still just a 15 year-old chick.

I'll buy her some earrings tomorrow. She'll be fine!

Weekend Happenings

I'm excited about this weekend. Tonight, my family is coming over for our annual Christmas movie night... The Preacher's Wife starring Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington. I love this movie!

I'm finishing my decorating today, cooking soup, baking eggnog pound cakes and I bought two huge tins of popcorn. I mean, I can make popcorn, but when you can get regular, caramel AND white cheddar for $5 why not go for it!

Saturday is a Christmas shopping day. I'm hoping to ALMOST finish. Roxie will be with me, and to be honest, the chick slows me down. Not in a bad way. I enjoy shopping with Roxie (mainly because we always end the trip with a giant pretzel and Diet Coke), but I need to focus on MY list, and she tends to want to focus only on HER list. Go figure.

Sunday is the most exciting event of all. I started saving for Cirque du Soleil Holidaze tickets last summer... and we're going Sunday after church! I get to mark this off my "100 Things To Do Before I Turn 90" list, so not only will it be fun, but it serves a useful purpose.

I'll let you know all about the show Monday. (I have a feeling they will probably call me up on stage to help with one of their "acts." I have a new sweater for just such an occasion.)

I hope you have the loveliest weekend ever. Fill it with friends, family and Christmas. It's such a short season. Don't waste a day of it.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter