Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Different Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

Good Tuesday morning!

Christmas MINUTE-TO-WIN-IT pics are in the Gallery today. Remember... Thursday I'll post the website where these great ideas came from... and more, more, more.

RANDOMNESS #1 - As of this very second, I have 47 Christmas cards hanging from three door frames in my house. That's a good number, and I'm breathing much more easily now. I'm not calling and harassing my friends and family any longer. The blog and Facebook threats seem to be working nicely.

Thank goodness. Those calls were going to take up a lot of my Christmas-prep time!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Well, it is December 20. The big 2-0! I'm not finished shopping yet, but for some reason panic hasn't taken over my body and mind. I think I'll do better when the panic comes.

Denial is pleasant, but it doesn't get the job done.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Pastor Kevin preached a sermon entitled "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year?" this past Sunday. (Did you see the question mark at the end of the title?)

He talked about all of the people hurting in the world... in our country... in our town... in our church. And he is right. There is a lot of hurt out there... and to be honest, I think the season of Christmas and the pressure everyone puts on themselves to have a "perfect" holiday adds to the hurt of so many.

A lot of times on A Simple Life, I know it appears nothing is ever wrong at Faulkner Farms (circa 1842), but, of course, that is not the case.

In our little family alone, we are dealing with illnesses, heartbreak, depression and hormones (some of us have too many, and some of us not enough)... you get the idea. We're very normal.

The year 2012 is a big unknown, and while I used to look forward to a new year, the older I've gotten, I tend to just hold on and try to live ONE DAY AT A TIME! Such a hard lesson for me.

I do not pretend to know what everyone is going through, but I know Someone who does. Someone who cares. Someone you can talk to day or night.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'" Lamentations 3:22-24

Today is Tuesday, December 20, 2011, and I have a gift from God this morning. His compassions NEVER fail, and they are new every morning!

Thank goodness!

A Different Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

I have posted a Chicken Pot Pie recipe on the blog before, but I've been using this recipe for a few months now, and I like it... my family likes it... and a few friends have enjoyed it.

I copied this from the Aegis Women's Club Recipe Book, and this particular recipe was submitted by a girl named Aimee Woods.

You will need the following:

2 cans Cream of Potato soup
1 can Veg-All (drained)
2 cans chicken (drained)
1/2 cup milk
Pepper to taste
Refrigerated pie crusts
1 egg (beaten)

1. Combine the first five ingredients.

2. Place one pie crust in the bottom of a 9" pie plate. Fill with mixture.

3. Top with remaining crust and brush with beaten egg. (I either pinch the edge of the crust or I use a fork. It depends on my mood!)

4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

Not only is it delicious, but it's pretty, too. (Martha would be so pleased!)

Have a lovely Tuesday. I know for some (most) it will be busy... and hectic and a little stressful. Try to make some time to sit down and sip some hot chocolate in front of the tree you worked so hard to decorate... listen to the REAL story of Christmas through old Christmas carols from a favorite CD... call an old friend you haven't talked to in awhile and catch up... You get the idea.

And I'll try to do the same.

I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday Wisdom, a Seasonal Tradition OR Party (I haven't decided which yet), Randomness and pics of my favorite new thing this holiday season. (Yes. I have a favorite new THING!)

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and NOT Stress-Free Belinda

P.S. Feel free to leave comments on Facebook OR at mfaulkner1306@charter.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter