Monday, March 30, 2020

Blog Linkage, Nana B Stuff (Easter Nature Walk), My Best Friend, The Newest Faulkner, Special Easter Pics/Eden's One Year-Old Pics AND A Few More Pics From Eden's Birthday Party

Good Tuesday morning!

Let's get to it, shall we?

Blog Linkage - Go to www.loulougirls.com and look up their post entitled, "52 Fun Ideas to do With Kids During Coronavirus." You may have already done every single item listed in this post...

But if you haven't, I think you might be happy you checked!

Nana B Stuff

Easter Nature Walk

Go on a walk in your neighborhood and have an Easter "nature" hunt.

Give each child a colored paper bag to decorate with crayons, stickers and markers. When the bags are decorated, lead the children through the neighborhood and let them gather anything that interests them.

When you arrive home, sit down in a circle with the kids and have them empty the contents of their bags in front of them.

Ask for the following items, and as the children put the item in the middle of the circle, tell them why it is significant to the Easter story.

"Did anyone find a branch?" The week before His crucifixion as Christ entered the city, the people waved branches from palm trees welcoming Him.

"Did anyone find a piece of wood?" Jesus' cross was made from wood.

"Did anyone find something prickly?" His crown was made of thorns.

"Did anyone find something that is no longer alive?" Jesus died on the cross.

"Did anyone find anything dark in color?" Pick up three "dark" things and talk about the three days of darkness following the crucifixion. Light could not be found following His death.

"Did anyone find a stone?" There was a huge stone at the opening of the grave of Jesus that the angel removed.

"Did anyone find something living." This reminds us that Jesus Christ died, was resurrected and He lives today.

NOTE - Since you want the children to collect anything and everything that interests them, make sure you have at least one item in YOUR bag to represent the Easter story told above. A child might not pick up a prickly object or a dead object, etc.

ANOTHER NOTE - This would be a great time to read The Three Trees to your kids. Pass out a juice box and a treat for them to enjoy while you read the book.

End your Easter Nature Walk with a prayer thanking God for the amazing gift of his Son.

RANDOMNESS #1 - My Best Friend, Ree - The following is from a blog post dated April 4, 2012, and it is all about the time I met The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, at one of her book signings.

And it was thrilling, I tell you. Thrilling!

Read on!

I've never been to a book signing. This was a first for me...

And because I've never attended a book signing, I didn't know the "rules." (Yep. There are rules. Even for a book signing.)

Actually there are a TON of rules for a book signing. Let me share my newfound knowledge with you this morning.

I thought you could arrive one to two hours prior to the book signing and get in line. WRONG!

BOOK SIGNING RULE #1 - It is advised to come the DAY BEFORE THE BOOK SIGNING and obtain a NUMBER. Waiting until one to two hours prior to the book signing is a HUGE mistake. Just ask me... Number 218!

I knew The Pioneer Woman (Ree to her closest, dearest friends) was popular. I did not know she was "shoulder-to-shoulder-chest-to-back-packed-crowd" popular.

BOOK SIGNING RULE #2 - Wear something that "breathes." Wear something cotton. Preferably just a bra. It gets hot in those crowded situations.

I knew when I talked to Number 10, I was in big trouble. She had four other people with her.

Which brings us to...

BOOK SIGNING RULE #3 - Up to FIVE people can hold one number. That means instead of just talking to, signing and having her picture taken with one person, you have to multiply it by FIVE.

I also knew from faithfully reading her blog, she has to make several bathroom trips during these marathon book signings.

BOOK SIGNING RULE #4 - After you have had a leisurely one-hour dinner with your husband (and you return to the book signing to discover they are only on Number 64), find a place to sit down near the bookstore bathroom. She's going to go to the bathroom. Have your camera ready!

There is a very specific order in which you must prepare your book(s) prior to signing.

BOOK SIGNING RULE #5 - You MUST have a sticky note with your name printed neatly in Sharpie on the left side of the Title Page. The paper book cover must be folded in such a way as to open your book immediately to that page. This must be checked by three or four staff members prior to meeting The Pioneer Woman.

From 4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., I waited. Mikie joined me after work. We had dinner together. We sat in the bookstore and looked at books together. We took a small nap around 9:00 p.m. together.

And then it was my turn.

I have to say, at 4:30 p.m. that afternoon, I was looking very good. I had on my Pioneer Woman flowy top. I was wearing my Pioneer Woman earrings. My hair was behaving well. My breath was fresh. My speech was prepared. I was READY!

I also have to say, five hours later... not so much!

Right before my turn, I generously re-applied lipstick. Mikie had the camera ready. I walked up to Ree. She was gracious, warm and said, "It is lovely to meet you."

I took a deep breath before I gave her my prepared (straight-from-the-heart) speech... and silently nodded.

She looked at me with a big smile. "Are you doing okay this evening?"

I again nodded.

She looked at me again. She signed my book. She told me to look at Mikie. "I always instinctively know when a camera is pointed at me," she said and giggled.

I said something like, "Ackmoffyuh."

She patted my arm and said, "Thank you so much for coming."

I nodded.

Mike got my other arm and guided me out of the book signing area.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"How much fun was that? It was the highlight of my life, I tell you! The HIGHLIGHT! Let me see the picture!"

And he did. And it was good.

I grinned all the way to the Big Gold Van. And then I drove home with Mikie following behind.

If you ever get a chance to go to a book signing, I highly recommend it.

It isn't stressful AT ALL!

RANDOMNESS #2 - The Newest Faulkner - Here a few more pics of Baby ME...

And RT.






These three pics were taken by Melia's Dad, Boss.






And these three were taken on Mikie's phone the Wednesday after she was born on Monday. This was the first time we were able meet and hold her.

She was definitely worth the wait!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Special Easter Pics/Eden's One Year-Old Pics - Judith and Eden had Easter pics made in Hartselle.

I love the pictures AND the green moss-covered couch.










No bunnies were injured during this photo shoot.

(Mainly because the bunny was fake.)

RANDOMNESS #3 - A Few More Pics from Eden's First Birthday Party - This joyful little girl turned one with a Llama Fiesta Party.











Just like her big sister four years ago...


Eating cake came very naturally to Eden.


Right down to the very last crumb!






As you all know, birthday parties during a Coronavirus Pandemic can be a little tricky. Pop, Roxie and I were able to visit with Eden and family a little bit before her party, and we joined them during the cake eating portion of the celebration on FaceTime.

Technology for the win!

And if you've known me five minutes, you know I've never said that phrase before in my life!

I hope this post finds each of you doing well. For me, quarantine is much better on a beautiful day than a rainy/stormy day. Keep safe, and I will talk to you very soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

"After years of wanting to thoroughly clean my house but lacking the time, this week I found out that time was not the problem."

3 comments:

  1. Howdy from Andrea in Texas....so glad you were able to see grandtots this month. I'm happy to hear that you and your family are healthy and doing good. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Andrea.. It is so good to hear from you. I hope you and your family are also healthy and doing well. It is a very strange time in the world, isn't it? I'd love to hear more from you and your family. A little catch up! If you are on FaceBook, send me a message or "friend" me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter