Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Quotable Quotes, Nana B Stuff (Hiding Quarters), Things I Want to Do/Try in 2020, Roxie and Mike and Auburn Basketball, RT's Third Birthday Bash AND Alphabet Adventures with Judith

Good Tuesday morn!

Lots to get to this morning. Let's get busy!

Quotable Quotes - "If you can't feed 100, just feed one." Mother Theresa

Nana B Stuff

Hiding Quarters

Eden was sickly last week, so I stayed home with her a couple of days. Judith was in school during that time, and I wanted to do a little something for her since I wasn't getting to see her...

So I made her a Quarter Hunt.

She's five now, and the quarter is pretty much her favorite coin.

I wrote seven different tasks for her to complete on seven different pieces of paper. (For example: "Write the word unicorn three times," "Sing your favorite song you've learned at school this year" and "What was your AWANA verse this past week?")

After she finished a "task," she was instructed to go to her Mom. Her Mom had a list of seven clues directing Judith to hidden quarters. The clues could have been harder, but since she was basically doing homework to earn the clues, I didn't want to make it too tough!

(More examples: "Look in the box that cooks your food super fast," "You have two drawers under your bed. See if you can find a quarter in one of them" and "Check out the giraffe in Eden's room. Do you see the quarter?")

It didn't take a lot of time (for her or me), and she liked it a lot.

That is what is known as a WIN/WIN!

RAMDOMNESS #1 - Things I Want to Do/Try in 2020 - I want you to know the following list is NOT a Bucket List. My Bucket List is full of "big" things that may or may not be doable before I...

Well, I hate to say it...

But kick the Actual Bucket.

This list is made up of things I can easily/actually accomplish in the remaining 11 months, and although they probably hold no significance to anyone else out there, I think I might enjoy a few of them!

1. Try Goat Yoga.

2. Try Aerial Yoga.

3. Bake a PRETTY three-layer naked cake.

4. Become proficient with a handgun...

5. And a taser...

6. And maybe a machete.

7. Learn to play the cello.

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - In real life, Roxie and I are going to do the goat yoga thing in Nashville sometime in the next few weeks. I can hardly wait!

ANOTHER NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - In real life, learning to play the cello is on my serious Bucket List, too, in case I don't get to it in 2020...

Which is a definite possibility.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Roxie and Mike and Auburn Basketball - These two attended the Kentucky basketball game in Auburn this past weekend and had a lovely time.

After a really busy week, I had an equally lovely time staying at home...

And I'm not being the least bit sarcastic!





RANDOMNESS #3 - RT's Third Birthday Bash - We celebrated RT's day of birth on his actual birthday, but the "party" part of the birthday occurred a few days later, and it was perfect for him.


The slightly blurry, handsome, blue-eyed Birthday Boy.


He picked out the cupcakes and ice cream himself and everything was delicious.






RT is passionate about several things at the moment, and basketball is definitely one of them.

We attended a basketball game at Samford after the partaking of cake and the opening of gifts, and it was a pretty awesome party.




I think there may have been a half-time show on the court, but Eden and Uncle Austin were kinda putting on their own show.


Boss took this pic...


And this one.

You can tell because they are not even a little blurry!



RANDOMNESS #4 - Alphabet Adventures with Judith - We are slowly making our way through the alphabet, and a few days ago we celebrated everyone's favorite...

The Letter K!






That's right.

We did the obvious.

We went to KRISPY KREME, wore the hats and watched them make doughnuts.


And, of course, we purchased doughnuts.


Then we headed over to Burger King where "KIDS are KING!"


Also, "BABIES are KING!"

On the drive back to our house, I may or may not have shouted out, "LOOK! IS THAT A KANGAROO?"

And then I may or may not have said, "I can't believe y'all missed that."

And I may or may not be slightly ashamed of myself for adding a "K" word that was not at all legitimate.

But then we talked a lot about being KIND to one another, and I truly think that may have made up for the KANGAROO debacle.

Or not.


And this is a Human "K."

Eden didn't quite grasp the concept of perfect head placement and straight, still legs...

But all in all, I think it turned out well.


At the end of the adventure, we all KICKED back...

But RT may have done that just a little better than the rest of us.

I hope you have a fantastic first week of February. I'll be back soon with some LOVE to share.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

Instructor: Welcome to Salsa Class! Who's ready to learn how to dance?

Me (hiding a bag of tortilla chips): There's been a misunderstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter