Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Blog Linkage, Pinterest Stuff (17 Movies to Watch with Family AND Object Lesson - A Family Walk), 400 Water Balloons, B-Team Bowling AND The Enchanting Belinda's Birthday

Good Thursday morning!

We have a good bit to talk about today, so let's get busy!

Blog Linkage - Go to www.thepioneerwoman.com/confessions and read her latest post entitled, "The New Frontier Cookbook Tour." She gives the release date AND all of the places she will be signing books. Unfortunately, Alabama isn't listed YET, but Atlanta and Nashville are both on the list for anyone interested in a fun day trip.

Pinterest Stuff

17 Movies to Watch with Family

DISCLAIMER FROM THE ENCHANTING BELINDA - I haven't seen all of these movies. I don't particularly like old, old movies (black-and-white), but I know there are families out there who love them. Also, when the kids were young, I loved to introduce them to movies and TV shows Mike and I watched when we were their age.

I'm just going to put a "*" beside the movies I've seen and enjoyed.

1. Hook (1991)*
2. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers* (1954)
3. How to Steal a Million (1966)
4. How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
5. Mary Poppins* (1964)
6. Strongest Man in the World* (1975)
7. Holiday Inn* (1942)
8. 101 Dalmations* (1961)
9. Cool Runnings* (1993)
10. You Can’t Take it With You (1938)
11. Father Goose (1964)
12. The North Avenue Irregulars (1979)
13. The General (1926)
14. The Parent Trap* (1961)
15. Blackbeard’s Ghost (1968)
16. Singin’ in the Rain* (1952)
17. The Emperor’s New Groove* (2000)

Object Lesson (Also from Pinterest)

A Family Walk

We took a family walk one night last week. We used this short object lesson as our daily devotion for the day.

Lesson No. 1 - Mark 12:31 “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

1. Have each person trade shoes with another family member before the walk begins.

2. Talk about the Bible and how it tells us to love our neighbors.

One way to do this is to try to understand them better. There’s a saying about putting “ourselves in the other person’s shoes” when we are having a hard time understanding someone.

3. Talk about if you had to suddenly live one of your neighbor’s lives. Would it be easy? How can we be more understanding?

4. Pray for your neighbors as you walk by their houses, or at the end of the walk pray for them as a family before heading to bed.

RANDOMNESS #1 - 400 Water Balloons - I am a HUGE proponent of the package of 100 water balloons you can fill with water in five minutes or less for sale in many of our local stores (Walmart, Target, etc.).

HUGE!

Up until last year, I also had no objection to paying $7.99 per package because back in the day, I prepared 100 (or more) water balloons by hand at my kitchen sink on a regular basis.

It was work.

Hard work.

Work worth MUCH MORE than $7.99.

But last Labor Day, I walked past the Summer Toys aisle in Target and saw a Clearance sticker on the balloon packages.

Instead of $7.99, the end of Summer price for this item was $2.38.

I kid you not.

I bought nine packages...

And if you do the math...

You will discover that is 900 water balloons.

I used four of the packages last week and filled up two baby pools in the driveway. After RT and Judith arrived at the house around 3:00 in the afternoon, we had a little fun.

I have five packages left, and my plan is to wait until late September OR early October when the temps "surprisingly" jump into the 90s one more time before Fall decides to stick around, and let the kids have one last water balloon fight before the giant "leaf piles" start to take over as our Favorite Outside Activity at Nana's house.

And on Labor Day, I will also be strolling around Target and Walmart looking for next Summer's water balloons...

Hopefully, marked down to $2.38...

OR LOWER!















RANDOMNESS #2 - B-Team Bowling... and The Enchanting Belinda's Birthday - All I wanted for my 58th Birthday Celebration was a family meal at Buenavista Mexican Restaurant in Cullman followed by an afternoon of bowling at Cullman Bowling Center.

Everyone was able to be there except Miss Melia who was under the weather and needed to recuperate before teaching a roomful of preschoolers bright and early Monday morning. (I totally get that, by the way.)

Before we get to the pics of our bowling exploits, have I ever told y'all about my bowling prowess back in high school?

Have I?

Did y'all know I was a member of the B-Team Bowling Team?

Did you know there was such a thing as a B-Team Bowling Team?

Yeah.

I'm a pretty rare breed.

Also, I was the only one who tried out for Varsity who didn't quite make the team, so the B-Team was created.

Technically, I would have also subbed in whenever a Varsity player couldn't make a game.

Fun Fact - Varsity bowlers have to be nigh unto dead before they don't make a game. They are just that dedicated.

Another Fun Fact - My picture wearing a bowling jersey made it into the high school annual, but nary a game did I get to bowl.

That brings us to present day 2019. The Enchanting Belinda still loves to bowl, and although not considered one of the greats, I have a very good time.


We had a bit of a wait for our two lanes (about 30 minutes), so we bought a Play Card for $10 and we played Air Hockey, Basketball and Roxie and RT rode a (kinda) real back-half of a motorcycle.






I believe you can play Air Hockey for fun...

Or you can play Air Hockey to win.

RT plays to win.


But because he is only two, he doesn't realize when someone else actually wins.

Oh, how I love two year-olds...

And four year-olds who understand the ways of winning a little bit better.


This girl made at least two strikes thanks to her Pop's "maneuvering and situating" of the Bowling Helper.


And this guy was able to use a ten-pound ball because of said Bowling Helper.

Now if they would make a geriatric Bowling Helper for the 58 year-old PLUS crowd, Nana B would be happy, too.




This is the face of a girl destined to be on the VARSITY Bowling Team one day.


She is such a good baby. If you weren't holding a bowling ball, you were holding Little Miss Eden.



I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week. I'll be back soon with Pre-Fall stuff...

Also known as Dog Days of Summer stuff.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

Me (Texting Boss) - Are we still on for today?

Boss - Yes. You don't need to text me this every morning. We are still "on" for work every day, Monday through Friday.

"Whatever you're doing today, do with the confidence of a four year-old wearing a Batman t-shirt."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter