Wednesday, October 10, 2018

What's That, Judith Day, RT Day AND Almost Everyone's Birthday Celebration

Good Wednesday morn!

RANDOMNESS #1 - What's That? - I believe I've talked in great detail about how much I HATE HAVING MY FACE TOUCHED by any human (big or small).

Also, I may have mentioned when Roxie was a tot, she loved getting as close to my face as was humanly possible and touching it with tiny fingers, so I am no stranger to a little girl's fascination with older faces.

Judith LOVES to touch my face. It is her favorite activity when she is visiting. This past week, she held my cheeks, checked on my chin(s), softly stroked my eyelashes, and I was good. I really was.

I answered all of her questions about freckles and wrinkles and beauty marks, etc., etc.

And then she asked me the one question that strikes fear into any Nana while being examined by a three year-old walking/talking microscope.

"What's that?"

She was staring at my nose, but I knew it wasn't going to be as easy as that.

"You know what that is, Judith," I replied.

She didn't blink. She leaned in and gave me a little kiss.

Then she sat up straight and said, "It's like Daddy's mustache, but not as big."

Then I sat up straight and said, "NO WAY!" and ran to the bathroom mirror.

Honestly, I could not see anything at all mustache-y under my nose or above my upper lip.

Nothing.

Nada.

"You're wrong, Judith. There's nothing there," I told her.

"But I 'seed' it, and I 'feeled' it," she said.

Obviously, an eye exam and electrolysis are in my near future, and the sooner I accept the fact I am NOT aging gracefully, the better.

Also, I am thinking about purchasing a fun mask to wear when the Grand-Tots come over to play.

But then I would get hot...

And we all know how much I hate to be hot!

I think the only logical solution to this problem is to distract them with candy of their choosing when they start staring, touching and asking questions. I am pretty sure I can handle Grand-Tots on sugar highs much easier than constantly scheduling elective non-invasive facial procedures.

Yes.

That is most definitely the wisest course of action!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Judith Day - Last week, as is our custom, Judith and I met her Pop at Chick-Fil-A for some mid-day nourishment which always includes ice cream.




Miss Priss has a unique way of eating ice cream.

It either ends up in her nose...


Or dripping down her chin.

There is no "in between."

RANDOMNESS #3 - RT Day - Little Man is in the phase of his life where he is ever-changing.

His personality, his face, his sense of humor.

If you blink, you'll most definitely miss something.


When I look at these pics years from now...


All I am going to be thinking...


Why did I put a five year-old in a Pack and Play?

Seriously though...

This is not the face of an almost two year-old!

Is it?

RANDOMNESS #4 - Almost Everyone's Birthday Celebration - Courtney, Roxie and Josh have birthdays in September and October which are incredibly close together. A couple of years ago, I started having a little combo birthday celebration because hosting three separate birthday parties in a 20-day span just isn't doable for me.

It's crazy, actually.


Roxie turned 22.


Courtney turned 27.


And Josh turned 25.


Judith. (First one to the big table!)


Uncle Tommy.


Sawyer.


Zac, Sawyer, Roxie, Judith's sweet cousin, Judith, Courtney and RT.




Aunt Bev reading a story to Judith in the midst of birthday chaos!


This guy plays hard, but when he needs a little break, he'll empty and climb into this particular toy basket.


It would appear someone else needed a little down time in a toy basket.


I am happy to report they "shared" this space without incident.

Basically, two toddlers in a smallish toy basket at the same time have the ability to appear totally unaware of the other's presence.

I think they are both destined for very happy marriages one day!

Just maybe not to each other.


Sawyer and RT talked and made some plans to get together for Thanksgiving.

I think.

They can be pretty hard to follow sometimes.






Oh! Did I tell you this year I made birthday pies.

Courtney wanted an apple pie...

Josh wanted a pumpkin pie...

And Roxie wanted pecan.

(Melia supplied a delicious chocolate cake in case autumnal pies weren't everyone's favorite.)

For the first year EVER, I didn't take pictures of the birthday desserts until AFTER we had started eating.

You can't tell, but Courtney's apple pie had a big pastry "C" in the middle of it. (A big pastry "R" and "J" graced Roxie and Josh's pies.)

My only excuse... If Courtney is 27 and Josh is 25 and Roxie is 22, that would make me 57!

We're lucky I remembered to bake the pies in the first place!

I hope y'all have a good week and a great weekend. I hear the temp is going to be below 90 degrees, and I think that is absolutely thrilling.

Talk to you soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. I'm missing a pic of our newest addition, Carly Beth (Sawyer's baby sister). I tried, but at three months, she is very good at pulling her dress up over her face every time I snapped. I will remedy this in the next week or two. I'm going to go hold this little one for a bit. (Her Mama said I could!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I just watched the news and I hope y'all are really fine and doing good and y'all are in the path of all that crazy wind and rain and hurricane!! I'm praying y'all are just fine.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to put the word NOT. Sorry, I definitely do not have any ill feelings towards you or your family. I'm praying y'all are just fine. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Andrea... The hurricane weather didn't make it up to our place. It veered to the right as soon as it made landfall. We are all good, but watching the news and seeing the damage to so many familiar places is so, so sad, no matter where you live, isn't it? Thanks for checking on us!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter