Friday, February 28, 2014

Weekend Happenings, Pinterest Stuff (Shamrock Smoothies), Unique and Wacky Holidays in March

Good Friday morning!

ONE MORE REMINDER! ONE MORE REMINDER! ONE MORE REMINDER!

A Simple Life is becoming a Tuesday/Friday blog beginning... NOW!

For some reason, Tuesday is never, ever as busy as Monday, and I think I will do a better job of regularly posting twice a week if I skip Monday altogether.

I should be able to get A Simple Life up and running on a regular basis...

With no excuses...

Or apologies.

Amen!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I forgot to show you Austin's Golden Birthday Gift.

Since he turned 23 on the 23rd of February, of course I wanted to give him something special.

Fun fact for you... All of our guys, Austin, Brad, Josh and Zac, LOVE going to the Knifeworks in Pigeon Forge when we go to the mountains.

My Daddy instilled the love of "all things sharp" in his grandsons and in 17 years, the male faction of our family has never missed going to the Knifeworks.

Needless to say, all of our guys collect knives... just like their Granddaddy.

I've told you all of the above so you will know how much The Boy loves knives.




This knife was perfect because it came with five GOLD state quarters...

And one of the state quarters in this set was the official Alabama State Quarter from 2003...

And Austin loved it!

It isn't the perfect "golden" gift for everyone, but it was the perfect "golden" gift for Austin!

RANDOMNESS #2 - If you recall, last year when we visited the Mountains, our "new" activity was snow tubing...








And a good time was had by all!

This year, we decided to try Wonderworks.


You know.


The upside down building...


In Pigeon Forge.


Brad and Josh. I have no idea what they were looking at.


Josh.


Roxie.


Roxie and Austin. Rock climbing may seem a little tame, but when you make it a race against a cousin or a sibling it becomes a completely different event.


Brad and Zac. This game was called Speed of Light.


Roxie was very good at playing Speed of Light.


Some would say obnoxiously good!


Katie and Josh. I don't know what this thing was called, but the harder you pedaled the sooner you would go upside down... Again and again and again!


Austin and Brad.



Just Josh.

Wonderworks was a lot of fun, but I think kids (12 to 18 years of age) would enjoy it the most. It isn't very crowded when it first opens and late in the afternoon. The place is huge, and there is something for everyone, so you'll need to spend at least 2 to 3 hours... minimum.

Think McWane Center... and MORE!

The tickets are $22.99 each.

There is also a 90-minute Magic Show which is supposed to be great ($14.99), but it was scheduled for 7:00 p.m., and we already had evening plans.

On a rainy day in the mountains, Wonderworks would help your kiddos get rid of a lot of pent-up energy!

RANDOMNESS #3 - I saw this on the way back to the cabin from Wonderworks, and I didn't know exactly what it was, but I liked it.


It intrigued me.

I'm thinking this could be our "new" thing next year.

I just have to do a little research and figure out what the heck it is.

Actually, it is between the King Kong "thingy," the Goats on a Roof "thingy" and the Lumberjack Dinner Show "thingy."

Lots to choose from in the Mountains, Folks.

Unique and Wacky Holidays in March

Believe it or not, this is just a few of the "things" you can celebrate during the month of March.

It's a very interesting month.

March 1 - National Pig Day (I'm going to eat a lot of bacon!)

March 3 - If Pets Had Thumbs Day (I have no clue what to do to celebrate this day... And because I have no clue, I'm going to skip it altogether.)

March 4 - Hug a GI Day (We should celebrate this EVERY day!)

March 6 - National Frozen Food Day (I'm cleaning out the freezer for dinner.)

March 8 - Be Nasty Day (I've come in contact with some celebrants of this day before.)

March 10 - Middle Name Pride Day (GAIL!)

March 12 - Plant a Flower Day

March 14 - National Potato Chip Day

March 17 - Saint Patrick's Day

March 19 - Poultry Day (Chick-Fil-A for dinner?)

March 23 - National Chip and Dip Day (I cannot celebrate March 14 and skip March 23, can I?)

March 24 - National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day (This just happens to be my movie snack of choice, so I will gladly buy a box to celebrate!)

March 25 - Pecan Day (Bake a pecan pie with your kiddo. Easiest pie to bake EVER.)

March 30 - Take a Walk in the Park Day

March 31 - National Clam on the Half Shell Day

Pinterest Stuff

Shamrock Smoothies

1. Grab a clear glass and fill it with scoops of lime sherbet. If you don’t have clear glasses, you can use any cup or glass you might have, but having clear is nice so you can actually see all the green. I used pint sized canning jars for ours, which I think looked really great.

2. Pour lemon-lime soda over the sherbet you just placed in your glass. Be careful. It will foam up and rise!

3. If you wish, add GREEN straws to your glass. You will probably want GREEN spoons, too.

4. And that’s it! Easy, breezy St. Patrick's Day Snack!

Weekend Happenings

1. Mike and I have a date tonight. We're going to see a movie. Of course, we'll be eating a hamburger at Mugshots before we walk over to the theater. Cannot wait.

2. Roxie will be attending our church's BLAST Weekend. She will stay with all the other chicks her age at a host home Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday morning. It is a weekend full of worship, fellowship and fun.

3. Josh is working all weekend. He'll come home for church Sunday morning, and I hope to see him a little before he heads back late Sunday afternoon.

4. Austin is working most of the weekend. I should be able to see him and Melia sometime during the day on Sunday.

Are those the most boring weekend plans ever? I may have to come up with something else to make myself sound more exciting and with-it when I post next Tuesday!

Have a lovely weekend. I'll be back TUESDAY, MARCH 4, with Weekend Wrap-Up, maybe a new recipe, maybe an article AND definitely pics from BLAST Weekend.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter