Monday, January 20, 2014

Mindless Monday, Pinterest Stuff (Some New-to-Me Date Ideas)

Good Monday morning!

Let us go ahead and get it out of the way, shall we?

RANDOMNESS #1 - Basketball.


Look! Run, Kam. Run!


See Roxie catch the ball. Catch, Roxie. Catch!


See Kelci smile! Smile, Kelci. Smile!


Grandma and Grandpa (and Aunt Becky) came to the Pell City game Friday night, and I'm proud to report Roxie had her three-point shot down pat.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Mike and I celebrated our 26th anniversary a little early this year. Although we married January 23, 1988, we will be right smack dab in the middle of Tournament Week (BASKETBALL) on January 23, 2014... so we decided to do our "spend the night away at a local hotel" thang this past weekend.

And we decided instead of one night, at this particular time in our lives we DESERVED two nights.

And we stayed at a nice hotel on Highway 280.

And we ate at two NEW-TO-US restaurants. (I'm going to have two Restaurant Reviews for you Friday morning!)

And we shopped at a NEW-TO-US antique/junk store.



You will notice a HUGE amount of old windows, shutters and doors lined up along the front of the store. There are plenty more inside. It is a Pinterest Fanatic's dream come true.



Every square inch of space is covered by something. EVERY... SQUARE... INCH.


I'll be honest. For a few minutes, I wanted the shake machine.

Well, a few minutes in the store...

And now. I really want it now.


Mike walked around with his hands in his pockets. It is the only way to make sure you don't break something.


This sign spoke to me. I thought it would be fun to stake it in our front yard.

Mikie also spoke to me.

He said, "No."


A box of WWF action figures.

I'm telling you.

This place had everything...


Small rooms with even smaller doorways.


This fellow greets you when you walk into the front door.

A little creepy, but interesting.

Very interesting.

We also saw a new-to-us movie.

Saving Mr. Banks is a wonderful movie. I rarely say this, but I want to own it. (The last movie I "had to have" was Julie and Julia, and that has been awhile.)

I'm a sucker for "story" movies.

I like unique.

I like Tom Hanks.

I like Disney.

I LOVED Saving Mr. Banks.

It was delightful, I tell you.

Just delightful.

And to top off a perfectly sweet anniversary, Mikie served me breakfast in bed.


For any of you naysayers out there who believe "breakfast in bed" must be prepared by hand, let me tell you, the hotel staff did a fine job!

And the fact Mike knew exactly which items to pick off the Complimentary Continental Breakfast Buffet for The Enchanting Belinda speaks volumes of our 26 years together as husband and wife.

He totally gets me!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Katie turned 20 January 14, and we all got together to celebrate (and give her money) this past Sunday.

Needless to say, she was happy with her gifts.


Katie with all her cash.


Lady Bug and Roxie.


Roxie and Zac.


Roxie and Katie.


Josh, Katie, Austin and Melia.


Stephanie, Katie and Brad.

Pinterest Stuff

Some New-to-Me Date Ideas

1. Country dancing.

2. Try a new restaurant. (This is one of my favorites.)

3. Cliff jumping. (I don't understand why a couple would do this, but I'm always looking for something new and interesting to keep the romance alive.)

4. Swing dancing.

5. Mud run. (I don't run, but I will participate in a walk for a good cause. And the mud would certainly make it different!)

6. Cooking class. (I just asked Mike about this last week. I think it would be a fun thing to do together.)

Have a beautiful January Monday. I'll be back Friday with more of A Simple Life. The Chick and I are going Prom Dress shopping this afternoon and since we do not have a very tight time constraint, I think we're going to enjoy the day and not freak out. For "freak out" posts, you can look in the October 2013 Archives. Remember when we had nine days to find two dresses for Homecoming... AND have them altered... AND find matching shoes?

I'm starting to get that rash again just thinking about it.

We're going to have to change the subject.

I'll be back Friday with some prom dress pics.

How about that?

Take care, and I'll talk to you the end of the week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. I bought a new polka dot blouse to wear Saturday of our anniversary weekend.

After seeing this picture, I may have been mistaken about my ability to pull off the large polka dot pattern.

It is too late to return it, so I'll be wearing it every other day for the next five or six years or so...

But I do wish it photographed better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter