Friday, July 20, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday afternoon!

I took a few pictures on my way to Volleyball Camp this morning...


I've been trying to take "bumblebee" pictures for awhile now, and I have discovered (just like Josh's tubing pics) they tend to be blurry.

What can I say? I'm not good at everything!


But my "building" photos are marvelous! A little crooked in the view finder... but marvelous!


Just like Birmingham Southern, Samford has the most beautiful landscaping. They should win an award or something.

RANDOMNESS #1 - As is now my habit, I'm going to mention my favorite pins from Pinterest this week.

1. Grape-Cicles - This one is so simple, it would be a shame not to try. You put green grapes and red grapes on a wooden skewer and freeze. When frozen, they are supposed to be a healthy, addictive treat. (I'll be the final judge of that!)

2. Infinity Bath Tub - You've seen pictures of the pools. The only thing better than having an infinity pool would be having an infinity bath tub. It's on my wish list.

3. Potted Blueberry Bushes - Not only are they pretty, but they bear much fruit! I want three... today.

4. Ocean Hammock - If I ever found one, I might never get out. There are two poles with a hammock between them close to shore. The bottom of the hammock is BARELY over the water, but I imagine as waves come in, the water cools you off. It looks lovely.

5. Organization - I've started an Organization board, and I have one pin. I'm hoping to fill this board with tons of new ideas... and then implement them into my daily life.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I did read an organization tip from Pinterest not too long ago, but it didn't work for me.

"Never leave a room without taking something with you to put away."

I walked from room to room to room for three hours putting items away. And then I forgot why I left my bedroom in the first place.

And I was exhausted.

And I wanted an ocean hammock.

Weekend Happenings

Actually, it's very simple.

Friday - Austin is working at The Chick. He and Melia are watching The Dark Knight tonight in prep for Sunday's movie-going experience. (She has never seen the Batman movies.)

Josh is off today after a long week of landscaping, and I assume there will be some napping involved.

Roxie is attending Day 4 of Volleyball Camp. Yesterday was her 11-hour day, but she had a great time. She's tired, sore and more tired, but she has enjoyed it.


Another day, another t-shirt. This is the camp t-shirt we were "given" after registration. Our school colors are maroon and gray, so this is a perfect addition to our collection.

Saturday - Austin and Josh will be working at The Chick and cutting yards, respectively. (Hopefully, my yard will get cut, too. I hope! I hope!)

Roxie, Mike and I will be going to the last day of Roxie's Volleyball Camp to watch the game play-offs. It could last one hour or five hours. We do not know, nor do we care. We are in close proximity to a mall, a food court and a "nice place to take a walk."

It's going to be fun.

Sunday - All of us (including Melia and Bev's family) will be attending the new Batman movie after church.

It lasts 2 hours and 45 minutes. I'm not even going to pretend I'll make it through the whole movie without a bathroom break. I'm not even going to try!

And that's it for us. I hope you and your family have some fun Summer plans in the works. Be safe and have a great weekend.

I'll be back Monday with Mindless Monday and pics.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter