Monday, October 10, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

Since it is Mindless Monday, I've put a bunch of weekend pics in the Gallery telling the tale of our weekend. It was very much a "Josh-centered" weekend... because of his birthday and all. (Roxie is still trying to recover from the fact it wasn't the normal "Roxie-centered" weekend. It has been hard on her.)

RANDOMNESS #1 - I am becoming a Great-Aunt again as I type this. Very, very exciting. Lauren could make her appearance any time now, and I will not only be a Great-Aunt to Matthew, but his new baby sister, as well.

I cannot wait to hold her! My Monday just got considerably sweeter!

RANDOMNESS #2 - The Boy has written not one, but TWO, articles for The Anniston Star covering high school football games on Friday nights.

I was very excited to read the first article a couple of weeks ago for three reasons.

1. Austin's by-line reads "By Austin Faulkner, Star Sports Correspondent." As a mother, that is EXACTLY how I would describe him... "Star Sports Correspondent." However, someone quickly pointed out that the word "Star" refers to the name of the paper (The Anniston Star), and not The Boy. I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing that little tidbit!

2. Austin is having the time of his life covering a REAL sporting event for a REAL newspaper. He's happy, and thus, I am happy.

3. He's being paid actual money for these articles... which in my eyes means he is a professional journalist. (I refuse to be corrected about this one. He IS a professional journalist!)

Have a beautiful Monday. I'll be back tomorrow with a new recipe and other stuff. Always, always other stuff.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter